On this day course you will see demos on how to create good health through the food you cook and eat, based on the principles of Ayurveda, India’s traditional health system.
The day will start with a short introduction to Ayurveda. This will include:
- The three Doshas
- Ayurvedic body-types
- Agni (digestive fire)
- Dhatus (body tissues)
- The six Rasas (tastes)
During the rest of the day will learn how to make:
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- Panir (Indian cheese)
- Chapatis (Indian bread)
- Spiced dhal (lentils)
- A vegetable dish
- A dessert
- Spices preparation
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and sample the food cooked. A delicious lunch will also be available.
- The importance of selecting the right oils/fats for both cooking and eating
- What grains are best for particular body-types
- Chapatti making flours useful for those with gluten intolerance
- The use of beans and pulses to create a balanced and nutritious diet
- Eating vegetables according to the season
- Choosing the right type of dairy products for your health (for non-vegans)
- Eating right for your body-type, for the time of day and season of the year
- How to build all six tastes into a meal for delicious food and better health, and avoid compulsive snacking
- Tips for eating and digesting to help loose weight (or gain weight)
- Scheduling light fast days to help detox and maintain weight loss
- How to get ‘intelligent’ sugars into your diet, to satisfy the sweet taste, instead of damaging ‘unintelligent’ sugars.
- The use of spices and herbs to add taste, cleanse the body and fire up a weak or slow digestion.